Designed to measure a wide range adsorption isotherm for surface area and pore size distribution analysis.
|The BELSORP–max utilizes the proprietary AFSM method for free space measurement, which produces a highly accurate measurement. The BELSORP-max can also measure vapor adsorption and perform chemisorption analysis.|
Microtrac BELSORP-max Applications:
Check out this short presentation that explains the AFSM advantage.
Microtrac BELSORP-max Features:
- Specific surface area – 0.01 m2/g (N2), 0.0005 m2/g (Kr)
- Pore size distribution
- Proprietary AFSM measurement technique
- Wide pressure range measurement – p/p0 10-8 ~ 0.997 (N2 at 77K, Ar at 87K)
- Useful for Micropore analysis
- Adsorption isotherm of a variety of gases(N2, AR, CO2, CH4, NH3) and vapors(H2O, Toluene, Benzene, Alcohol) can be measured
- Simultaneous three sample measurement
- Chemisorption option is available
- TPD/TPR/TPO, pulse chemisorption measurement with TPD pro option
- BELCryo option enables low temperature measurements from 4.2k to 373k
The AFSM Advantage:
The AFSM (Advanced Free Space Measurement) compensates for free space charge in the sample cell. Most conventional instruments require controlling liquid coolant level to keep free space in the sample cell constant, but AFSM does not require the coolant level control.
With the AFSM, the free space change with the coolant level lowering can be compensated by measuring the pressure change of separate sample cell.
Other methods cannot cancel free space changed by the other reason than liquid coolant level drop, such temperature fluctuation at the upper part of the sample cell, the change of the liquid coolant temperature caused by dissolution of oxygen, etc. AFSM can eliminate all the factors.