Dynamic Light Scattering instrument that can measure Particle Size, Zeta Potential, and Molecular Weight.
The Nanotrac Wave, the newest system in a long line of innovative particle characterization solutions, provides the capability to measure three different parameters in one instrument.
Applications for the Nanotrac Wave:
Nanotrac Wave Features:
- Dynamic Light Scattering incorporating the patented Controlled Reference Method for advanced power spectrum analysis of Doppler shifts under Brownian Motion
- Measures using Mie scattering calculations for spherical particles and proprietary Modified Mie calculations for non-spherical particles
- No “A Priori” or advance knowledge of the particle size distribution is required
- Typically less than 750µl in zeta cell, or as low as 250µl with size only cell option
- Measurement capability from 0.8 to 6500 nanometers. Zeta Potential from -200 to +200mV
Nanotrac Wave Benefits:
- While other DLS instruments utilize PCS to measure particle size, Microtrac’s Controlled Reference Method incorporates heterodyne detection by calculating signals of various scattered light frequencies combined with the reflected signal of the un-shifted frequency of the original laser, to generate a wide spectrum of frequencies. The power spectrum is then deconvolved which provides higher accuracy for multi modal and broad distribution measurements
- The Wave measures all three parameters in a single sample cell, and single optical path – no requirement to purchase separate cuvettes for different measurements. Measurements can be made with a single sample aliquot without the requirement to change concentration.
- Short optical path allows users to measure higher concentrations of a substance
- Lasers measure at 780 nm which cause low levels of fluorescence and improves the accuracy of the measurement
Click here to request information on the Nanotrac Wave