Microtrac’s Nanotrac Wave II is an accurate particle size zeta potential analyser ideal for characterising nanoparticles.
Featuring an enhancement to traditional DLS, the Nanotrac Wave II employs Reference Beating, which amplifies the signal back to the photodector, producing unparalleled accuracy for measuring particle size, Zeta potential, molecular weight, and concentration of colloidal systems.
The Nanotrac Wave II provides users with superior particle analysis capability by taking advantage of an enhanced optical signal, innovative probe technology, and advanced algorithms. Whether your material is ppm or near finished product, the Wave II obtains fast, sensitive, and precise measurements of materials ranging from sub-nanometre to several microns.
The Nanotrac Wave II is a measurement system for direct automatic measurement of the electrophoretic movability and the Brownian motion as well as the thereof resulting Zeta potential and particle size.
Microtrac is a pioneer of particle analysis technology and has been developing DLS systems for over 30 years. The Nanotrac Wave II is the newest generation of sub-micron particle size and Zeta potential analysers. The innovative design of the Nanotrac Wave II offers faster measurements with reliable technology, particle size measuring to below 0.8 nm, higher precision and accuracy, all of this combined in a compact dynamic light scattering analyser without moving optical components. The extensive software package (license-free) calculates the analysis data in accordance with ISO 22412 and approved according to CFR21 Part 11.
The measurement principle of the Nanotrac series is based on dynamic light scattering (DLS) in a 180° heterodyne-backscatter arrangement. In this setup a part of the laser beam is added to the scattered light. This works like an optical enhancement of the scattered light. Particle sizes range from 0.8 to 6,500 nanometres.
Reference Beating increases the optical signal anywhere from 100 to 1,000,000 times compared to traditional DLS. The increased optical signal enables users to accurately measure single and multi-mode distributions across the widest concentration range in the market.
Setup in laser scatter light (180°) for concentrated and diluted particle dispersions. Software for analysis of the electrophoretic mobility, the Zeta potential (according to Smoluchowski) as well as the particle size distribution through direct analysis of the Brownian motion.
Zeta Potential Range:
-200mV bis +200mV, repeatability +/- 1 mV in Zeta potential (related to PS Latex standard particles 150 to 500 nm)
Nanotrac Wave II Features:
- Enhanced optical signal for superior accuracy compliments of Reference Beating – available only from Microtrac
- Unique probe design, fixed optics, and 180° backscatter collection enables fast and precise measurement across the widest concentration range – from ppm to near solids (40 % w/v)
- No “A priori” or advance knowledge of the particle size distribution is required
- Able to measure Zeta potential closer to iso-electric point by eliminating errors caused by electro-osmotic flow. ZP measurement ranges from -200 to +200mV
- User-selectable data presentation modes
- Distribution – standard volume particle size distribution
- Legacy – ensure data consistency when transitioning from “legacy” instrument
- Mode – simultaneously measure size and concentration – watch our presentation that explains the capability
- Removable sample cell – available in Teflon or stainless steel
- 150 µl sample volume required – ideal for high dollar materials
- Peltier temperature control device
- Multiple flow cell options – ability to connect a titrator.
Nanotrac Wave II Applications:
- Food / Beverage
- Plastics / Polymers
- Coatings / Coverings
- Academic Research
Quickly identify if your material meets size specifications and take a detailed dive into your data – the FLEX software provides you with the tools you need.
- No “A priori” knowledge of particle size distribution needed – simply load your material and hit RUN
- Easy SOP set-up and administration, ideal for managing users across multiple shifts
- Cleanliness of cuvettes and sample cells displayed, including alarms and error messages
- Available in several translated languages
- Extensive database
- Compliant with FDA 21 CFR Part 11
- Statistical analysis
- Manually select dynamic viscosity value of material – ensures accuracy and consistency (according to Stokes-Einstein)
- No set zero required – the blank measurement is built into the software
- User gets notifications about the passing or failing of specifications
- Live or recalled database trending plots
- User-defined data reports and calculations
- Multiple data export options
Advantages of the Frequency Power Spectrum Method
Reference Beating – an Accurate Method for Nanoparticle Size Analysis – Dynamic Light Scattering, the Microtrac Way
|Contact us today|
You may also be interested in:
Nanotrac Flex – external probe option, ideal for in-situ analysis
Nanotrac Wave II Q – disposable cuvette sample cell – size and molecular weight analysis