Blue laser diffraction particle size distribution analyser.
When looking for an accurate solution for measuring wet suspensions under 1 micrometer, look no further than the TRI-BLUE, the only laser diffraction particle size analyser that fully agrees with Dynamic Light Scattering data.
The TRI-BLUE is the latest laser diffraction particle size distribution analyser from Microtrac’s acclaimed product line. The TRI-BLUE is the first analyser to use three fixed, blue laser diodes to measure wet suspensions from 10 nanometer to 700 micrometer. What sets the TRI-BLUE apart is its ability to precisely and accurately measure particles under 1 micrometer, by taking full advantage of the superior resolution enabled by the shorter wavelength of the blue lasers.
|Contact Us For More Info|
Want an integrated method to measure particle morphology? Check out this presentation to learn more about our Visual Validation solution, the PartAn SI.
Applications for the Microtrac TRI-BLUE include:
- Metals/Metal Powders
- Geological Research
- Academic Research
Microtrac TRI-BLUE Features:
- Tri-laser blue laser configuration with fixed multi-detector, multi-angle optical system
- Rugged design with no moving parts
- Blue laser diodes
- Mie and patented Modified Mie algorithms for spherical and non-spherical particle analysis
- Ability to “tune” the analyser to measure with enhanced resolution or repeatability
- Measures wet suspensions ranging in size from 0.01 to 700 micrometer.
- Enclosed optical path
- Small footprint
Microtrac TRI-BLUE Benefits:
- By having a fixed, multi-detector, multi-angle optical system users can measure a wider range of their sample, providing more data, which greatly increases the accuracy of the measurement.
- Moving parts often times either wear out or fail, then need to be replaced. By eliminating all moving parts, the TRI-BLUE is a rugged solution that will run for long periods of time without user invention or down time, which increases user productivity.
- Blue lasers have a shorter wavelength than red lasers (405 compared to 780 nm), when utilised for particle size measurements, the accuracy, precision, and repeatability dramatically increases for analysis of particles under 1 micrometer.
- 95 percent of particles are non-spherical, so why use an algorithm that assumes the particles are spherical? The TRI-BLUE gives the user the ability to select Mie theory (spherical particles) or our patented Modified Mie algorithm that accounts for the non-sphericity of particles, which provides the user with greater flexibility and a more precise tool for measuring size distributions.
- Ideal for research and development professionals who are looking to refine their new material, the TRI-BLUE’s tuning function allows the user to manually adjust the resolution or repeatability providing greater control of the analysis.
- The TRI-BLUE can measure particles ranging in size from 0.01 to 700 micrometer, which is ideal for users who are searching for an accurate measurement solution for materials under 1 micrometer.
- By enclosing the optical path, the TRI-BLUE requires little downtime for maintance, which provides the user with a reliable tool that they can trust to be ready whenever they need it.
- Microtrac understands how vital laboratory space is, which is why we engineered the TRI-BLUE to have the smallest footprint on the market.