“I really understand now what laser particle size is about and how Microtrac can help me in my job.” – Microtrac User Course attendee
The Microtrac User Course instills confidence and self-assurance in attendees by blending intensive classroom sessions and hands on instruction with Microtrac’s Lab experts to deliver an unrivaled training experience. This approach has been refined for the past 30 years, and provides the users with the tools necessary for day-to-day Microtrac operation.
User Course learning objectives include:
- Implement proper representative sampling, sample preparation, and operating techniques.
- Evaluate particle size data and specification development.
- Understand and implement correct refractive index.
- Perform basic instrument maintenance and trouble-shooting.
- Perform software activities to develop various graphical and tabular presentations.
- Understand particle size percentiles, mean values and other particle size measurement values.
User courses for 2018 and 2019 are in planning stages. Please reserve your spot through this link and we will inform you as soon as we have a set date and schedule.
When you return from the User Course, you will have an in-depth understanding of the following:
- Dry powder and slurry sampling and preparation
- Microtrac data interpretation and explanation
- Laser Diffraction, Dynamic Light Scattering, Zeta Potential, and other characterisation concepts and their uses
- Instrument maintenance
- Common terminology used in particle science defined in a clear and concise manner
- FLEX Software features and functions – including security and admin roles
Questions or comments? Please click here to contact Microtrac.