Accurate particle size zeta potential analyzer ideal for characterizing materials across the widest concentration range.
Featuring an enhancement to traditional DLS, the Nanotrac Wave II employs Reference Beating, which amplifies the signal back to the photodector, producing unparalleled accuracy for measuring particle size, zeta potential, molecular weight, and concentration of colloidal systems.
The Nanotrac Wave II provides user with superior particle analysis capability by taking advantage of an enhanced optical signal, innovative probe technology, and advanced algorithms. Whether your material is ppm or near finished product, the Wave II obtains fast, sensitive, and precise measurements of materials ranging from sub-nanometer to several microns.
|Contact Us For More Info|
The Nanotrac Wave II is a measurement system for direct automatic measurement of the electrophoretic movability and the Brownian motion as well as the thereof resulting zeta potential and particle size.
Microtrac is a pioneer of particle analysis technology and has been developing DLS systems for over 30 years. The Nanotrac Wave II is the newest generation of sub-micron particle size and zeta potential analyzers. The innovative design of the Nanotrac Wave II offers faster measurements with reliable technology, particle size measuring to below 0.8 nm, higher precision and accuracy, all of this combined in a compact Dynamic Light Scattering Analyzer without moving optical components. The extensive software package (license-free) calculates the analysis data in accordance with ISO 13321 and approved according to CFR21 Part 11.)
The measurement principle of the Nanotrac series is based on Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS) in a 180° Heterodyne – backscatter arrangement. In this setup a part of the laser beam is added to the scattered light. This works like an optical enhancement of the scattered light. Particle sizes range from 0.8 to 6.5 microns.
Reference Beating increases the optical signal anywhere from 100 to 1,000,000 times compared to traditional DLS. The increased optical signal enables users to accurately measure single and multi-mode distributions across the widest concentration range in the market. Dubbed appropriately, the Microtrac Way, check out this short presentation to learn more about our proprietary technology.
The lower limit is 0.8 nm and the upper limit is 6.5 microns for size determination, and 20 microns for zeta potential, of non-sedimenting or floating material, MW molecular weight Debey plot measurement and calculation, dn/dc measured simultaneously and entered automatically into MW – Rayleigh plot. Average measuring time is 10 seconds to 3 minutes. Repeatability +/- 1% (with 100nm PS Latex standard.)
Setup in laser scatter light (180°) for concentrated and diluted particle dispersions. Software for analysis of the electrophoretic mobility, the zeta potential (according to Smoluchowski) as well as the particle size distribution through direct analysis of the Brownian motion.
Zeta Potential Range
-200mV bis +200mV, repeatability +/- 1 mV in zeta potential (related to PS Latex standard particles 150 to 500 nm)
Microtrac Flex Analysis software. Data output: single, overlay, data list, multiple graphic options. Results in xlsx., txt and PDF-form, data export functions. Analysis software usable on separate PC.
Applications for the Nanotrac Wave II:
- Academic Research
Nanotrac Wave II Instrument Details:
- Enhanced optical signal for superior accuracy compliments of Reference Beating – available only from Microtrac
- Unique probe design, fixed optics, and 180° backscatter collection enables fast and precise measurement across the widest concentration range – from ppm to near solids (40 %)
- Measures particles ranging in size from 0.8 to 6,500 nanometers
- No “A priori” or advance knowledge of the particle size distribution is required
- Able to measure Zeta Potential closer to iso-electric point by eliminating errors caused by electro-osmotic flow. ZP measurement ranges from -200 to +200mV
- User selectable data presentation modes
- Distribution – standard volume particle size distribution
- Legacy – ensure data consistency when transitioning from “legacy” instrument
- Mode – simultaneously measure size and concentration – Watch presentation that explains the capability.
- Removable sample cell – available in Teflon or stainless steel
- 150 µl sample volume required – ideal for high dollar materials
- Peltier temperature control device
- Multiple flow cell options – ability to connect a titrator.
15nm and 120nm bi-mode? No problem for the Nanotrac Wave II.
|Contact Us Today!|
You may also be interested in: