Blue laser diffraction particle size distribution analyzer.
When looking for an accurate solution for measuring wet suspensions under 1 micron, look no further than the TRI-BLUE, the only laser diffraction particle size analyzer that fully agrees with Dynamic Light Scattering data.
The TRI-BLUE is the latest laser diffraction particle size distribution analyzer from Microtrac’s acclaimed product line. The TRI-BLUE is the first analyzer to use three fixed, blue laser diodes to measure wet suspensions from 10 nanometers to 700 microns. What sets the TRI-BLUE apart is it’s ability to precisely and accurately measure particles under 1 micron, by taking full advantage of the superior resolution enabled by the shorter wavelength of the blue lasers.
Want an integrated method to measure particle morphology? Check out this presentation to learn more about our Visual Validation solution, the PartAn SI.
Applications for the Microtrac TRI-BLUE include:
- Metals/Metal Powders
- Geological Research
- Academic Research
Microtrac TRI-BLUE Features:
- Tri-laser blue laser configuration with fixed multi-detector, multi-angle optical system
- Rugged design with no-moving parts
- Blue laser diodes
- Mie and patented Modified Mie algorithms for spherical and non-spherical particle analysis
- Ability to “tune” the analyzer to measure with enhanced resolution or repeatability
- Measures wet suspensions ranging in size from 0.01 to 700 microns.
- Enclosed optical path
- Small footprint
Microtrac TRI-BLUE Benefits:
- By having a fixed, multi-detector, multi-angle optical system users can measure a wider range of their sample, providing more data, which greatly increases the accuracy of the measurement.
- Moving parts often times either wear out or fail, then need to be replaced. By eliminating all moving parts, the TRI-BLUE is a rugged solution that will run for long periods of time without user invention or down time, which increases user productivity.
- Blue lasers have a shorter wavelength than red lasers (405 compared to 780 nm), when utilized for particle size measurements, the accuracy, precision, and repeatability dramatically increases for analysis of particles under 1 micron.
- 95 percent of particles are non-spherical, so why use an algorithm that assumes the particles are spherical? The TRI-BLUE gives the user the ability to select Mie theory (spherical particles) or our patented Modified Mie algorithm that accounts for the non-sphericity of particles, which provides the user with greater flexibility and a more precise tool for measuring size distributions.
- Ideal for research and development professionals who are looking to refine their new material, the TRI-BLUE’s tuning function allows the user to manually adjust the resolution or repeatability providing greater control of the analysis.
- The TRI-BLUE can measure particles ranging in size from 0.01 to 700 microns, which is ideal for users who are searching for an accurate measurement solution for materials under 1 micron.
- By enclosing the optical path, the TRI-BLUE requires little downtime for maintance, which provides the user with a reliable tool that they can trust to be ready whenever they need it.
- Microtrac understands how vital laboratory space is, which is why we engineered the TRI-BLUE to have the smallest footprint on the market.