Tri-Blue Laser Diffraction Analyzer for Particle Size Distribution.
When looking for an accurate solution for measuring wet suspensions under 1 micron, look no further than the Tri-Blue, the only laser diffraction particle size analyzer that fully agrees with dynamic light scattering data.
The Tri-Blue is the latest laser diffraction analyzer for particle size distribution from Microtrac’s acclaimed product line and the first system to use three fixed, blue laser diodes to measure wet suspensions from 10 nanometers to 700 microns. What sets this laser diffraction analyzer apart is its ability to precisely and accurately measure particles under 1 micron, by taking full advantage of the superior resolution enabled by the shorter wavelength of blue lasers.
Want an integrated method to measure particle morphology? Check out this presentation to learn more about our visual validation solution, the PartAn SI.
Applications for the Microtrac Tri-Blue:
- Biotechnology / Pharmaceuticals
- Metals / Metal Powders
- Food / Beverages
- Geological research
- Academic research
Microtrac Tri-Blue features:
- Tri–laser, blue laser configuration with fixed multi-detector, multi-angle optical system
- Rugged design with fixed detectors and lasers
- Blue laser diodes
- Algorithms that utilize Mie compensation and Modified Mie calculations for spherical and non-spherical materials
- Ability to “tune” the analyzer to measure with enhanced resolution or repeatability
- Measures wet suspensions ranging in size from 0.01 to 700 microns
- Enclosed optical path ensures complete protection of the optical components leading to little or no operator intervention
- Small bench footprint
Microtrac Tri-Blue benefits:
- By having a fixed, multi-detector, multi-angle optical system users can measure a wider range of their sample, providing more data which greatly increases the accuracy of the measurement
- Moving parts oftentimes either wear out or fail, then need to be replaced. By eliminating all moving parts, the Tri-Blue is a rugged solution that will run for long periods of time without user invention or down time, which increases user productivity
- Blue lasers have a shorter wavelength than red lasers (405 nm compared to 780 nm). When utilized for particle size measurements, accuracy, precision, and repeatability dramatically increase for analysis of particles under 1 micron
- 95 percent of particles are non-spherical, so why use an algorithm that assumes sphericity? The Tri-Blue gives users the ability to select Mie theory (for spherical particles) or our patented Modified Mie algorithm that accounts for the non-sphericity of particles, which provides greater flexibility and a more precise tool for measuring size distributions
- Ideal for research and development professionals who are looking to refine their new material, the Tri-Blue’s tuning function allows for manually adjusting the resolution or repeatability, providing greater control of the analysis
- The Tri-Blue can measure particles ranging in size from 0.01 to 700 microns – ideal for users who are searching for an accurate measurement solution for materials under 1 micron
- By enclosing the optical path, the Tri-Blue requires little downtime for maintance, which provides the user with a reliable tool that they can trust to be ready whenever they need it
- Microtrac understands how vital laboratory space is, which is why the Tri-Blue was engineered to have the smallest footprint on the market
|Click here to request more info|